Pizza & Pasta
Apple Noodle Casserole
1/2 cup margarine - melted
1 package (1 lb. size) egg noodles - prepare as directed
4 large Macintosh apples - peeled, cored, chopped
4 eggs - beaten
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
- Pour melted margarine into a 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish and coat bottom of dish evenly. Combine remaining ingredients and pour into baking dish. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
Apple Lasagna With Fall Greens
12 lasagna noodles
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup chopped turnip greens, cooked
Salt and pepper, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste
5 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, diced
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup apple cider
1 cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
1 cup applesauce
1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cook lasagna noodles in 4 quarts, lightly salted, boiling water until tender. Drain well and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- To make the Sauce: In a heavy, non-aluminum saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until clear, approximately three minutes. Add flour, stir well; cook approximately three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add apple cider and chicken stock; simmer. Season with salt, pepper, spices, and thyme. Add the applesauce and lemon juice. Continue to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring until a medium thick consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil an 8- by 11-inch glass or ceramic baking 1 dish. Place one layer of pasta on bottom, spread 1/3 of the sauce, and then layerof greens, followed by a thin layer of cheese. Repeat; finishing with sauce and cheese on the top (should have four layers total).
- Cover with foil. Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove; let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
Apple Lasagne 2
8 Pieces Lasagne, uncooked
40 ounces Canned apple pie filling
1 cup Part-skim Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Egg substitute
1 teaspoon Almond extract
1/4 cup White sugar
6 tablespoons Flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
3 tablespoons Margarine
6 tablespoons Brown sugar
1/4 cup Quick oats
1 dash Nutmeg
OPTIONAL SOUR CREAM GARNISH:
1 cup Sour cream
1/3 cup Brown sugar
- Prepare lasagne according to package directions; drain. Spread one can apple pie filling in a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan, slicing any extra-thick apples. Layer four pieces of lasagne over apples.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese filling ingredients; spread evenly over lasagne and top with the remaining four pieces of lasagne. Spoon remaining can of apple pie filling over lasagne.
- In a small bowl, crumble together topping ingredients. Sprinkle over apple filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into serving pieces and top with a dollop of sour cream mixture.
- Optional Sour Cream Garnish: mix sour cream with brown sugar and chill.
Apple & Blue Cheese Pita Pizzas
5 tablespoons blue-cheese crumbles
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
4 flat pita bread rounds -- without pockets
1 medium red apple -- cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons additional blue cheese crumbles
- In small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons blue-cheese crumbles and mayonnaise; mix well.
- Place pita rounds on rectangular baking stone or baking sheet; spread each pit with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Top with apple slices, walnuts and additional cheese crumbles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Cut pitas into quarters; serve warm.
Apple Brioche Pizza
2 2/3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 package RapidRise Yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cut up
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons bread flour
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon Calvados (apple brandy)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 medium thinly sliced, cored and peeled apples
1/4 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- To make crust: In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat butter, milk, and water until very warm (120 to 130°F). Butter does not need to melt. Gradually stir into dry ingredients. Stir in eggs and remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead 5 minutes. (Dough will be buttery; do not add additional flour.) With floured hands, press dough to form 12-inch circle on lightly greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Cover; let rest 30 minutes.
- To make topping: In small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Gradually add cream and Calvados; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Form 3/4-inch high rim along edge of dough. Arrange apples on dough, overlapping slightly; carefully spoon cream mixture over top. Bake on middle oven rack 18 to 22 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are almost tender. Remove from pan; place on wire rack to cool slightly. Spread apricot preserves over top.
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»
Zetrocity Digital Solutions