Apple Pan Chicken
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3 tablespoons dried currants
3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
1/3 cup apple juice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Move the onions to the side, and brown chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side.
- Top chicken with apples, currants and pine nuts.
- Pour in apple juice.
- Season with thyme, parsley, jalapeno, salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are cooked and chicken is no longer pink.
Zetrocity Digital Solutions