2 cups flour
1 Tbs. baking powder dash of salt
3 Tbs. sugar
1/3 cup oil
2/3 cup milk
2 cups green apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
5 hot cinnamon candies (optional)
- Mix all dough ingredients together to form a soft dough. Roll out on floured pastry board to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut into 5 or 6 inch squares.
- In a small bowl lightly coat cut apples with sugar. Place them on top of biscuit dough and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Using a pastry brush, wet edges with egg and fold it over the apple, pinch and flute them to look well, and encase the apple completely. Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 425° for 25 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° for 30 minutes. Pour sauce over each dumpling at serving time.
- Syrup Directions: Using all ingredients, bring to a boil on the stove and cook a couple of minutes. Add cinnamon candies and cook just until candy melts over low heat.
Zetrocity Digital Solutions