Old Time Apple Pie
pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
6 cups tart apples, sliced and peeled
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon margarine
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry.
- Mix next 8 ingredients and fill pie shell, laying apple slices flat.
- Dot with the butter or margarine.
- Roll out top crust and place it over the apple mixture, cutting slits in several places for steam to escape. Moisten edges of crust well with cold water and adjust top crust. With fingers or fork, pinch two crusts together to make a tight seal around pie.
- Bake in a hot oven, 450 degrees, for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 45 to 50 minutes longer.
Zetrocity Digital Solutions