Apple Nut Cake
1 1/2 cup Oil
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 1/2 cups Peeled Tart Apples Cut Into Large Dice (Preferably Granny Smith Or Newton)
1 cup Very Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
2 teaspoons Vanilla
3 tablespoons Butter
3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Whipping Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees generously butter and flour 10 inch tube pan, shaking out excess.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl and blend well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to first mixture, blending thoroughly. Fold in apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until cake tests done. About 1 hour, 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 20 minutes turn out onto a wire rack and continue cooling while preparing glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Let boil 1 minute. Spoon over warm cake.
Zetrocity Digital Solutions