Potluck Apple-Dapple Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 beaten eggs
1 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups finely chopped cooking apples
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup whipping cream
- Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan or grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt; make a well in center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, apple juice, and vanilla; stir in apples and nuts. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Spread batter in prepared pan. (Place springform pan, if using, on a baking sheet.)
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 65 minutes for springform pan or 45 to 50 minutes for the 13x9-inch pan or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. (Remove sides of springform pan, if using.)
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat just until bubbly and all of the sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. Drizzle warm sauce over cake.
Zetrocity Digital Solutions